- Open gym when no scheduled classes are happening:
These are currently taking place in the mornings M-F from 9-10:50 a.m. and in the afternoons from 1:00-3:15 p.m. Open gym is also Saturday mornings from 6-7:50 a.m. We have a handful of members that are taking advantage of these times. Please feel free to join in.
- Open gym while classes are in session:
- An athlete wanting to participate in ‘open gym’ during class times needs to check into the open gym/multi-athlete box on WODHOPPER.
- Athletes can stay after their completed class or come before their class and participate in open gym.
- If all lanes are full in the class but you want to do open gym, the next option is as follows:
- Please use the outdoor rig for any gymnastics practice. Also, any equipment not used in class except barbells and plates can be used outside as long you clean and return them when finished (For example: sandbags, dumbbells, kettlebells…).
- The turf area is accessible when not being used by a class.
- Please do not expect our coaches to use half or part of the turf for you to be able to participate in open gym. Remember, all athletes are paying to train in our space. No one athlete’s training is more important than another. In community, the least is as important as the greatest.
- The current class has the priority over all equipment. (For example: if your lane for open gym has a rower and the class is using rowers that day, please understand all athletes in class will have priority to the rowers even though that rower is in your lane.)
- The coaches’ priority is for the class at hand. Please do not expect a coach to watch you while participating in open gym. If you would like to schedule an appointment with a coach, we would love to set you up a time or a punch card for IDF.
- Dogs in the box policy:
We welcome your four-legged friends, but we ask that they be leashed and with you at all times to keep them and all members safe.
- Kids in the box policy:
Kids are welcome at BFIT but must remain in the Kids Zone while you are working out and during all scheduled classes. For safety reasons, please note that kids are not allowed to use BFIT equipment or machines unless they are participating in a class. This includes the tires outside – please no climbing on tires or on ropes, no matter the age.
- Parking lot policy:
Please park in an orderly fashion so we have room for everyone. If you are parking in the first row, please be sure to pull up to the edge of the concrete to maximize space.
- Box cleanliness policy:
Since ours is a shared space, we want to work together to keep the box as clean as possible. A few tips to remember:
- Please pick up all water bottles and return all weights and equipment to their rightful homes.
- Please throw away all toilet paper or paper towels ripped off rolls for blowing noses and wiping faces.
- Please wipe down all equipment when you’re done with it. Towels and cleaner are available.
- Please don’t leave large hunks of chalk on the blacktop to be smashed – let’s preserve it for everyone by keeping it in the buckets.
- Please don’t use chalk to write on the blacktop.