Open Gym Times
These are times when no classes are scheduled, and the gym is open for use by any members.
Monday – Friday from 9:00 – 10:50 a.m. and from 1:00 – 3:15 p.m.
Saturday from 6:00 – 7:50 a.m.
We have a handful of members that are taking advantage of these times. Please feel free to join us.
Open Gym While Classes Are In Session
- Athletes may come prior to or stay after their scheduled class to participate in open gym.
- Please use the boxes closest to the garage door if class is full. (Please use the open areas near the climbing ropes.)
- If all lanes in the class are in use:
- Please use the outdoor rig for any gymnastics practice.
- Any equipment not being used for the class (except for barbells and plates) can be used outside as long the member cleans and returns them when finished (sandbags, dumbbells, kettlebells, etc.).
- The current class has priority on all equipment. (For example: if your lane for open gym has a rower and the class is using rowers that day, please understand that all athletes in the class will have priority on the rowers even though that rower may be located in your lane.)
- The coach’s time and attention during a class session is dedicated to those in the class. Please do not expect the coach’s attention if you are participating in open gym time, and there happens to be a class going on. Our coaches would be happy to spend some one-on-one time during a scheduled appointment or set up a punch card for IDF.
- Please remember that all athletes are paying to train in this facility. No one athlete’s training is more important than another. In a community, the least is as important as the greatest.
Dogs in the Box Policy
We welcome your four-legged friends, but they must always be leashed and remain at the member’s side. Our desire is the safety of all animals and members. Please clean up any hair or mess left by a pet. No one wants to be covered in dog hair during burpees.
Children in the Box Policy
- Children always need to stay in the Kids Zone unless accompanied by an adult. If a child wishes to sit on the bleachers or in a chair in your box, they must stay there unless the member accompanies them. (For example: children can’t run from the Kids Zone to the bleachers and back without the member accompanying them.)
- Please accompany your children to the bathroom.
- Screaming and throwing objects are not allowed in the Kids Zone (even by Brad).
- BFIT is not responsible for activities, damages or broken items that occur in the Kids Zone.
- Children (of any age) may not play on the equipment (i.e., ropes, bikes, rower, ski erg, barbells, run around on turf, or play catch before or after class).
- Coaches may not take another member’s children out of the Kids Zone.
- Coaches cannot perform the duties of a babysitter or a disciplinarian for a child or member. Please do not put them in this position.
- These same rules apply to the coaches’ children, without exception.
- The coaches have been instructed to ask you to follow the Kids Zone rules if they have a concern where a child or athlete may be at risk.
- Please understand that these policies are in the best interests of the children and our athletes.
Parking Lot Policy
Please park in an orderly fashion so we have room for everyone. If you are parking in the first row, please be sure to pull up to the edge of the concrete to maximize space.
Children in the Box Policy
- Please pick up water bottles and return weights and equipment to their homes.
- Please throw away used toilet paper or paper towels.
- Please wipe down all equipment when you’re done with it. Towels and cleaner are available.
- Please return all chalk to the buckets for others to use.
- Please don’t use chalk to write on the blacktop.