Nutrition and movement play a key role in the advancement of lifelong whole health and disease prevention. Your body THRIVES on good nutrition, being well hydrated, and consistent exercise. Hydration’s benefits are critical to the body’s overall function: improved brain performance, digestion, weight management, body temperature, and physical performance. The food (fuel) that you consume has a significant effect on your overall health. Balancing macronutrients, fiber, and adding important vitamins and minerals can have a remarkable impact on how you look, feel, and workout performance. Movement is crucial in promoting healthy joints, physical strength, good circulation, mental well-being, and heart health just to name a few benefits. The ability to put these elements together while still having pizza and drinks with friends is the recipe for balance and health! Good nutrition is not about being perfect, it is about balance and consistency.
- Maximizes physical performance
- Stimulates metabolism
- Aids in weight loss and digestion
- Affects energy levels and brain function
- Regulates body temperature
- Intuitive Eating
- Pre and post workout nutrition
- Weight management
- Gaining or losing
- Meal planning/mean ideas
- Relationships with food: Is food your comfort or your energy?
- Special Diets: How does your nutrition help/hurt?
- Macronutrient needs (carbs, proteins, fats?
- Quality movement requires quality nutrition
- Managing metabolism
- Movement’s key points (cardio, strength, flexibility)
- Movement as a means of healing and preventing chronic pain
- Movement improves mood and digestion
Movement and nutrition play a key role in the advancement of lifelong, whole health and disease prevention.